Thursday, July 11, 2013

God's Gift

God's Gift by Dee Henderson.
Missionary work in Africa was the most difficult and faith-affirming labor James Graham had ever faced, and warm, homey presents from a Good Samaritan back home gave him hope to carry on. But an injury halted his work and sent him home to Chicago. There, James met Rachel Ashcroft, who'd sent those thoughtful gifts, and he was intrigued by the sadness that shadowed her features. Bringing the light back into Rachel's face gave him new purpose, but was this respite only temporary? Or could James release his past and open his heart to receive Rachel's gift of love?

I've been looking for new authors and I found Dee Henderson.  I look forward to reading more of her books.  Reading this book gives me a new perspective on people who live life with constant pain.  I don't know how I would do if I was in that position and I really hope I don't have to find out.  Having the great friends that James and Rachel have are a great blessing to them both.  They both have a problem with limitations, but with the help of great friends will learn to accept what they can and can't do each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment